1. 1. BALAKENDRAM
- An innovative scheme envisaging children to learn Samskritam through Samskrita Bharati’s trained volunteers in the evenings and during leave days.
- Introducing Samskritam in the daily life of children.
- Creating awareness and pride about our motherland.
- A phased manner of certificate courses.
- Teaching children through novel interactive system with methodologies intended for an easy stress-free education of the language casting away the mundane and old-styled by-hearting techniques followed for years.
- Introduction to Samskrita literature through Panchatantra stories and Subhashitams.
- Grammar in simple form.
- A lot of stories, songs, games and jokes keep the students engaged, keeping the syllabus simple and straight forward.
- The Students are encouraged to talk in Samskrit fluently no matter if there were small mistakes.
- Stories of great personalities like Harishchandra, Rana Pratap, Jhansi Rani, Vivekananda etc.
- Stories of ideal personalities like Ekalavya, Abhimanyu, Aruni etc.
- The teachers are given training periodically for direct method of teaching, usage of teaching materials, for an over-all interactive session.
2. BHĀṢĀ BODHANA VARGAḤ
- This is a Residential camp of 7-10 days arranged after 10 days Samskrit Speaking Class.
- The nuances of speaking in Samskritam are well established in these classes.
- The participants become confident and fluent in speaking simple Samskritam.
- Basic grammar is strengthened.
- Various usages introduced.
- Knowledge on roots, verbs and primary derivatives are strengthened.
3. ŚIBIRACĀLAKA PRAŚIKṢAṆAM
- An intensive 10 days residential program conducted every year all over the country.
- A “Train the Trainer” program.
- A concept of methodologies to project every participant a champion for the cause of Samskritam.
- Enhances the teaching skills that are naturally imbibed in the participants.
- The participants become well-trained to take 10 days spoken Samskritam classes in their places.
- The participants become well-trained in speaking simple Samskritam.
- The participants get updated on innovative teaching methodologies.
4. ŚALĀKĀ PARĪKṢĀ
- A traditional practice of examination revived.
- Exceedingly challenging exam for a candidate’s knowledge in the fields of Vyākarana/ Nyāya śāstra/Kāvyam.
- The successful candidates awarded with the prestigious “Manorama puraskar”.
- This project is to promote the Shastra study trends
5. VYĀKARAṆA VARGAḤ
- Periodically the vyākarana classes are conducted by Samskrita Bharati branches throughout India.
- Classes handled by experts in the field.
- Little nuances of Samskrita-Vyākarana are analyzed and explored.
- Focus on various essential elements in Vyākarana.
- Various activities given to the participants to make their learning perfect.
6. KĀVYĀSVĀDANA VARGAḤ
- Yearly two times kāvyāsvādana varga is conducted according to the availability of experts in the field.
- The class spans from 3 days to a week.
- A particular kāvyam is taken for study.
- The prose or poetic order of that particular kāvyam is well analyzed.
- Various grammatical aspects and usages in the kāvyam are taught in a way that the participants can easily grasp and understand.
- Various new usage-dimensions of the poet are explored.
- At the end of this class the participants will be able to get a clear picture on the author’s style and to appreciate the beauty of the kāvyam.
7. SAMSKR̥ITA GR̥HAM
- Where all members speak in Samskritam.
- The mother tongue of the children in the family is Samskritam
- The number of Samskrita gruham or the houses in which all the members speak in Samskritam was 1177 in 2012 and raising to 1909 in 2014.
8. SAMSKR̥ITA GRĀMAḤ
- Residents of the village speak in simple and chaste Samskritam for all kind of communication.
- The five villages where the people converse only in Samskritam are –
A. Mattur or Muttoor (Karnataka)
B. Hosahalli (Karnataka)
C. Jhiri (Madya Pradesh)
D. Mohad (Madhya Pradesh)
9. BHĀṢĀVYUTPATTI YOJANĀ
- Under this education program, students who have graduated and who want to write and speak Samskritam fluently and mistake-free are helped.
- The selected participants will undergo training for one year.
- The training includes lodging and boarding with free of cost.
- Men and women are trained separately at different centres.
- The participants should have basic knowledge of spoken Samskritam.
- After the training the participants will be the front runners to popularize this language.
10. SARASVATĪ SEVĀ YOJANĀ
- A program started to translate important works into Samskritam.
- Translation works for more than 150 books are currently going on.
- “Shabda- shālā conducted to coin new words in Samskritam according to pāninīya grammer. The new words come into vogue and are started to be used by all.
- Collaborating with Wikipedia foundation Wikipedia academy was started in Bangalore on January 23, 2010.
- In line with its objectives Samskrita Bharati has included around 50 full-time volunteers for this project.
- Present number of articles is well over 10,000 ranging from geography and history to health and society.
- To know about Samskrita-Wikepedia-Academy and become a Samskrita-Wikipedian- volunteer please click https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Samskrit_Wikipedia_Academy_Wikipedian_volunteers.JPG